We all know by now that vaping is a far safer and better option than smoking.
However, it’s hard not to pay attention to all the vaping accidents (like exploding batteries and easily overheated devices) that we read about in the news.
The good news surrounding all this drama is that most of these accidents are due to user error and are easily preventable.
So in order to ensure the safest vaping experience possible, we’ll need to go over a few basic safety tips and tricks to help you stay safe and enjoy your cannabis vaporizer to the fullest.
What You Need To Know About Vaping Safety
Before you start using your new vaporizer it’s important to educate yourself on the components and the equipment you are using to ensure that you’re using your vaporizer as safely as possible.
If you follow our tips, we guarantee that your vaping experience will be as safe as it is enjoyable.
Here are the top 5 basic tips you need to follow when it comes to vaping safety:
- Keep your vaporizer away from children and pets
- Don’t store your batteries in your pocket
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when it comes to charging and using your device
- Stop using your vape pen if you notice that it’s overheating, or not charging properly
- Take good care of your vaporizer batteries and make sure they are clean and intact
We can all agree by now that taking care of our vaporizer’s batteries is the most important safety measure we can take to prevent possible accidents and mishaps.
As long as you know how to use your vaporizer properly, follow all instructions, and take all necessary safety precautions, you have no reason to worry about your vape pen catching fire, or exploding.
How to Maintain Your Vape and Its Batteries
If you want to make sure to use your vaporizer and your batteries properly and maintain their health, you’ll need to follow a few important safety rules:
- Never leave a battery out on the sun or on a hot surface. This can cause the battery to become very hot and even explode.
- Don’t leave your spare batteries in locations where they can come in contact with metal items, like coins, keys, and so on. If a metal object touches both ends of the battery it could complete a circuit and cause the battery to discharge electricity and even catch fire or explode.
- Use the charger that came with your mod or a charger that’s a good fit for your type of battery.
- Pay attention to the temperature of your vaporizer. A good rule of thumb is to start by setting your vape on lower power when you’re vaping, and then slowly work your way up.
- Learn about your type of battery. All vape batteries are different which is why it’s important to get familiar with your device and your battery so that you can know how to properly use your vaporizer.
- Don’t leave your battery on your charger after it’s full.
- Don’t use cheap batteries or ones that aren’t recommended for your device.
Vaping is quite a pleasant experience, so if you want to stay safe and avoid any potentially dangerous situations, you will need to abide by the few simple rules of vaping and battery safety that we discussed above.
Although it might seem like there are a lot of rules to follow in order to stay safe and enjoy your vaping experience, the truth is that it all basically boils down to battery safety, battery health and proper battery maintenance.